Friday, October 16, 2009

"Owyer"

It finally happened tonight!!  Sawyer said his name!  I've been waiting for a while and tonight I asked him what his name was and he said plain as day "Owyer".  I would have thought it was a coincidence but he said it a few more times!!  I can't believe how he has turned into such a little boy here lately.  We are working on the potty but it will be a long long time until that is conquered!!  A new word comes out almost everyday and his stubbornness increases almost everyday.  He had his 18 month check up and he was in the 95th % for height and 48% for weight, obviously not my genes!!!!  
I seem to say it every post but the last couple of weeks  have been a blur!!  We have had the weirdest weather ever, we started fall and then went straight to winter and now it's back to fall again!  We had Kyle's parents out from Iowa and the weather was awful!  It snowed the whole weekend!  Sawyer had fun hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma T even with the bad weather!  We have really enjoyed all the company we have had this fall!!!  

Here are some random pics from the last couple of weeks!

Sawyer and I heading out the door in our vests!
Sawyer giving Molly a kiss, she is such a good dog!

You know the weather is bad if I attempt to bake!  I made my first homemade pie a couple of weeks ago, Kyle thought it was so funny he took pictures.  It turned out to be really good!
Kyle and Sawyer hanging out under the fort on a snowy day, it was more in the air but it collapsed on them!
Sawyer has a thing for boots, he loves them!  He will tell you all about his boots, dad's boots, really any boots he spots!  We bought him a new pair of boots while the grandparents were out and we actually had to put him to bed with his boots on to avoid a major meltdown.  Here he is in Dad's boots!  This picture also shows off the new haircut!
Sawyer discovered he could get up into his chair by himself, I figured he could do it all along he just want trying.  Well now that he can get up there he loves to leap out of it, so we move the chair to the front room and let him jump where it's a little softer if he happened to fall!  He wears himself out going up and down.
All geared up for the snow, he looked like the kid from a X-Mas story!  He was really enjoying trudging through the snow.
Grandpa T. put him in the turtle lid and slid him around a bit!
Sawyer is going to be a frog for Halloween!  I won (or bought) a costume on Ebay so we tried it on!  
So CUTE!  Plus he says ribbit, what more could you ask for?
Another great moment in the life of a mom, Sawyer got stuck in his toy bucket!  I know I'm suppose to get him out but I thought it was too funny, he eventually got that book out from under him and started singing, guess he showed me!
Sawyer laying on the floor playing with his shapes puzzle, one of the few moment he has really enjoyed playing by himself!
Today we watched one of Sawyer's little buddies for a couple of hours and Sawyer was not happy to share his toys!  His buddy was pushing the train around so Sawyer hopped on for a ride!


1 comment:

TTHenderson said...

Hope you don't mind...I have to keep checkin out your blog from time to time to see what you are up to. Sawyer is getting so big. I love that he calls himself Owyer. Cooper calls himself Pooper! What a baker...making a pie. I was just thinking of your mint cake (don't remember what it was called but it was delicious) the other day. It's crazy that you have that much snow up there. I'm so not ready for it to stick to the ground here. Hope everything is going good for you guys...Take care!

Tami (in Preston)