Sunday, August 17, 2014

The mother of all picture posts!

EEEK!  It's been over 4 months since my last post and A LOT has happened since then.  So here it is our spring and summer.....

After Sawyer's Birthday weekend I had a big work week.  I helped host a willow planting workshop with over 100  participants, it was fun to get out and do a little work.  I haven't been that dirty in a long time :)

We took the boys out to their first cattle branding.  Sawyer got all decked out with spurs and all.  They had a fun minus the smell, Garrett wasn't so sure about the smell of burning hair and cow.
 Easter came and we did the egg hunt at the college again this year.  Sawyer was excited, Garrett not so much.  He isn't a fan of crowds or Easter bunnies....
 The boys and I headed to Poky for Easter, while Kyle headed home to Iowa!  It was a big weekend for everyone. The Easter egg hunt in Poky is big and there were a lot of kids there, Garrett was a nervous wreck but I picked him up and ran him in front of all the other kids again this year.  Probably the last year I'm going to get away with doing that!!!
 The boys love Uncle Spencer!
 They had an Earth Day celebration in Poky the same weekend!
 The kids kicked my butt at the sack races!  Much harder than I remember.

 Garrett once again cracked us up dying eggs.   He makes such a mess and thinks it is the coolest thing ever.  That kid just loves life and does everything full steam ahead.
 Mother's day ended up being super cold and snow so we went for a drive.  It ended up being a much longer drive than we had planned.  We dropped over to Salmon and had lunch with an old high school friend, then got into a big snow storm coming back through the Big Hole.  Such a great day with my boys!
 I coached soccer again this year, these kids did great!  We didn't win a game all year and then we ended up winning the championship!!!  I was screaming at them like a crazy lady, after the third game they were so tired they could hardly run down the field!
 They had 3 year old soccer this year so Garrett got to play.  He spent the first game crying the whole time but he got into it by the next game.  He was mad he had to be goalie so much.  He is such a big kid that he kept running around the other kids and getting the ball so they put him in the goal.  It was fun to watch him, can't wait to watch football this fall!
 Sawyer's graduated Kindergarten!  The kids did a little program to Pete the Cat songs.  My camera takes terrible pictures in the gym, sorry!
 Sawyer and his buddy Braxtyn got to take the last groovy button off of Pete, those two are nothing but trouble together and luckily they didn't wrestle each other carrying it off stage.
 I helped out at the 5th grade outdoor school again this year and Kyle came up to help me.  Such a fun day teaching the kids about streams and soil erosion.  This was my 5th year!

 We went camping on Memorial Day weekend and there ended up being quite the crew!  The boys played soccer for two days straight.
 The camper is the best, it's so nice to have a warm place to go when it rains and to eat breakfast.  The fun part about camping with all our friends is having random kids join us for meals.
 We went for a hike, this was about half the crew!  We made it back right before the rain too.
 Before school got out Sawyer had a fun day.  It was so funny to watch the Kindergarteners have a pie eating contest!

 They had a track meet in the afternoon.  Sawyer was super excited for this and he actually won the 50m and 100m!  He was so funny about it too, he said he only won because the other kids didn't run their fastest.  He was such a good sport cheering for his classmates.


 We did Pony baseball this year.  They have a pitching machine and it pitches pretty fast.  Kyle helped coach but didn't want in the picture...
 On the last day of school I took the boys golfing, they were so excited.  Sawyer is getting pretty darn good too!  This summer they did junior golf lessons and he did great.  I even helped teach the lessons, eeek.  I've started to golf a little and it's been good.  I've been playing in ladies league on Tuesday evenings.  It's fun because it isn't competitive and I've met lots of new people.


 This is what last day of school tired looks like....
 They didn't have a graduation party for the Kindergartners at school so we went with some friends and had a campfire.  The boys loved it!
 Sawyer learned to ride his bike finally!  He was so afraid of falling that he never wanted to try but now he's got it!
 Camping crew, these boys are nothing but trouble.



In June we had Grandma and Grandpa Tackett come out for a visit!  We were so excited to see them.  It was a little chilly while they were here but it didn't slow us down too much.  We went to the Kids Fishing Derby at the Kids Pond.  Sawyer caught a HUGE fish!  The best part of his big fish was all the other little boys cheering him on, they were so exited their friend might have the big fish.  

 Garrett lost interest in fishing but he has buddy Grandpa there to play with.

Sawyer's fish was so big it was gross.  He was so proud carrying it around.  He ended up winning 2 fishing poles, a tackle box, and a net!
This picture is Kyle running with Sawyer's big fish.  The first 15 kids to catch a fish win a new fishing pole, so they were moving out.  It was actually pretty funny, the fish was huge and it got tangled in everyone's lines.

 We took Grandma and Grandpa hiking up Birch Creek to Deerhead Lake.  It was a longer hike than I remembered but everyone did great.  We all wore our Team Tekyn shirts.  We are so proud of Tekyn as she kicks cancer's butt!



 It's hard to get a picture of these two not acting goofy.



 After the grandparents left we had a big birthday party for Garrett!!  He finally turned 4.  He was counting down the days forever and his day finally came.  We had a real party for him this year and all his friends came.  Of course it was a soccer party...

 For 4th of July we headed down to Island Park to visit Uncle David and play.  I haven't been to Mesa Falls in years, it was just as beautiful as I remembered.  We went on a nature walk and played around in the river, it was such a great weekend!




 Grandpa and Grandma O. came up for a day too.  Haddie was very excited about seeing Grandpa.
 In mid July I had a craft show in Stanley, ID and we camped out at Redfish Lake.  We went early so we could have a little fun before the weekend.  This was one of my most favorite trips we have been on.  It was smokey the first couple of days but still amazingly beautiful.

 We took a boat ride to the end of the lake.  Garrett was mad the boat didn't go faster.  It was so pretty!!


 At the beach there were thousands of minnows.  Sawyer was obsessed with catching these tiny fish.  He was the first kid in the water and the last kid out at night.  I have to admit it was slightly addicting trying to catch them.  Kyle thought it was funny watching me try to catch them....


 While I was at the craft show the boys tried out paddle boarding.  Looks like fun to me!


 Aunt Aimee and crew came up and camped with us for a night.  The boys were so happy to have cousin Mary there.  Seriously the best week/weekend ever!


 When we got back we got a new addition to the family.....These 4 little ladies are so fun to watch.  I'm not a bird person at all and have yet to touch one but I do enjoy watching them scratch around.  It's  only a matter of time before Haddie gets ahold of one.

 Random picture of Garrett helping me clean.  This is a rare moment.
 We headed up to see where we buried Molly last Fall.  We actually didn't make it to her because there was a huge moose guarding her!  We did have fun playing in the river though.
 Haddie is a water dog, she loves launching off the bank into the water.  It's so fun to watch.



 Last week Sawyer did his first football camp at the college.  It was so awesome.  All the players were there and they were so great with the kids.  Sawyer was all excited.

I had a another craft show last weekend in Ennis, I've only had a few this summer which has been nice.  I've been doing pretty well with them too!  Kyle and a friend rounded up the kids and went to Bannack State Park for a raptor presentation.  Those two brave souls took 6 kids, 5 of them boys...
 Then my friend and I loaded up and headed to Idaho to go huckleberry picking.  The kids were a little wild in the car but they were huckleberry picking fools!
 Except for Garrett, he was a huckleberry eating fool.

 And that finally brings us to THIS weekend.  We've been lazy and hanging out at home, seriously we have not done much of that this summer.  We went up in the hills to a creek and explored and played.

School doesn't start until the after Labor Day here so we have a couple more weeks to bum around!  Can't believe Sawyer will be in first and Garrett will be in his last year of preschool!

No comments: