We ended up having such a great winter this year. We gave into Garrett's request and let him go downhill skiing. Our worst fears were confirmed on the second run down the hill when he yelled at me, "Mom let go of me, I want to go FASTER!" This kid is going to be terrifying next year. Sawyer finished Little Skiers and did amazing. He can ride the lift up and come back down all by himself! I was so proud of him for trying something new and doing so awesome.
This is Garrett on his first day skiing, he was so happy!
We busted out of town to play in the snow one sunday and the boys had so much fun jumping off of rocks. They were scaring me but I didn't say a word!
This little turd on the other hand....Haddie has been something else. She passed puppy class but still has a long way to go. For the most part she is a pretty good dog. I do have to admit that having a new dog who looks exactly like Molly is pretty hard sometimes.
Sawyer wasn't too happy about going "uphill" skiing but we managed to get him out a couple of times this winter. In the end he did have fun.
Garrett and Sawyer found a little mound of snow they could "jump". They were cracking me up trying to get to the top of the little mound. They just kept sliding backwards and falling!
We took the boys up to a different ski hill while my parents were here visiting. It had a little kids lift and a magic carpet. The magic carpet was awesome compared to the rope tow at our ski hill. Garrett was feeling pretty cool on the magic carpet. Sawyer rode the kids lift by himself and skied down by himself!
It's getting almost impossible to get a picture with the boys not being silly.
Garrett took his first swim lessons. He cried the first 25 minutes of his 30 minute lesson. Lucky for him he had the best swim teacher on earth and she stayed an extra 15 minuets with him after he stopped crying. She also did this for Sawyer on his first lesson :) Garrett is a wildman in the pool!
This was a big hit at the last lesson. These boys felt pretty cool in the boat.
For Sawyer's birthday this year we gave him the option of having a birthday party or staying the night in a hotel. I was so surprised when he said hotel! So we took off to Salt Lake for a big birthday weekend and it was awesome. It ended up being cousin Mary's spring break so my sister and parents came too. Sawyer was so excited when we got there and the room was decorated and there were presents!
We went to Chucky E. Cheese for the first time. I thought it was pretty fun and the pizza was actually kind of good (I may have been really hungry?).
Garrett was not sure about Chucky but he brought cake so he tolerated a picture.
This was huge! Sawyer hates mascots but I guess he was ok with a mouse?
And he will gladly dance with a mouse who throws out free tickets!These kids were goofy after a night of root beer, pizza, and video games!
Nothing like giggling in bed with cousins.
We went to the zoo on Saturday. Mary and Sawyer wanted their picture on every animal!
We had to tackle Garrett to get him next to the Gorilla :)
I took one for the team.
Did I mention the hotel had a water park? Yep we did it all. It was such a fun weekend and hopefully something we can do again. Next time I will try not to be sick and get everyone else sick, sorry mom, Aimee, and Mary :(
We are looking forward to the start of soccer and baseball! Should be a fun spring.


























No comments:
Post a Comment