Saturday, June 2, 2012

Little of this-little of that

 As usual we have had a busy couple of weeks!  I can't believe it's June already, where in the world is the time going???  Here are some pics from the last couple of weeks, it's too hard to try and sum up everything without pictures!

T-Ball is still going!  Sawyer is in love with baseball and he tries so hard at all the games. I'm impressed with how much better all the kids have gotten in the last couple weeks.
 Look at that form!  He is seriously so into it!
 Even when he's hitting he is smiling.  At the games he tries to hit it so hard, I'm just waiting for him to get a hold of one!  At home he doesn't want to use the tee and he is awesome at hitting the plastic ball tossed to him.  I've yet to get brave enough to toss him a real ball, I'm afraid of the dentist bill when he knocks my teeth out :)
 We had my mom come up and help out for few days while I had a lot of work to do, not sure what we would have done without her here!  And lucky for me it happened to be opening day fishing on the river too!  Kyle and I got up super early (on the water by 6 am) and enjoyed a beautiful morning on the river.  Luckily I didn't catch anything!!!  I was on a boat with a friend of ours and I'm pretty sure he would not have helped me get the fish off and would have just laughed at me squealing.
 We've had crazy Montana spring weather.  One day will be sunny, the next snow.  We caught a sunny day and planted a bunch of flowers on the side of the house, it's going to look so good if I can keep them alive!!
 Besides baseball, Sawyer has also been obsessed with bull riding.  He gets all geared up to ride dad, it's pretty cute  and fun to watch.  We've even put a belt around Kyle's chest and Sawyer gets his hand all strapped in!
 This is the best picture I could get of Sawyer on the last day of Playschool!  He has grown up so much in the past few months.
 He got to hold the flag at the promotion (moving up to preschool) ceremony.  If only they knew how much he loves being an American.  Pretty sure he was so proud to hold the flag.  I was proud of him for standing in front of everyone!
 Each kid got an award, Sawyer got a leadership award.  He was the last one left and I was terrified they had a silly story about him but luckily not!  They said he would help with making sure the other kids were doing what they were suppose to be doing, not sure if he is trying to keep the other kids out of trouble or just bossy.
 This is what Memorial Day weekend looked like!  We did get a break in the weather and made a surprise trip to see Grandma and Grandpa O., they had Mary for the weekend.
 Mary was so excited to see Sawyer!  It's great that she can read, now she can read the bedtime stories!!!  Molly was not about to be left out on the action :)
 We even went to the zoo!  It's amazing how grown up Sawyer and Mary have gotten.  They are pretty cute holding hands everywhere.  They were also signing Zac Brown songs the whole way around the zoo.

 This was a big step for all three of these kids to go near a tiger statue!  They've all been afraid of Benny (ISU mascot) since birth and I was only joking when I said, "Hey why don't you guys hoop on Benny for a picture."  They surprised me and all ran over and got on it!
 Of course all these animals make great bucking bulls :)
 Poor Garrett was so tired, he was just taking it all in.  He loved seeing all the different animals.  The monkeys made him laugh every time they moved and the camels scared him.  Honestly the camels scared me a little too, I have very inappropriate picture of the camels, they were giving the kids a great lesson on the birds and the bees :)
That about sums it up!  The boys started at a new daycare yesterday and they did awesome.  They will be going two days a week, which should be plenty of time for me to get my work done and not be all crazy.  I thought for sure they would throw a fit the first day but they loved it.  We'll see next week how the second day goes.  Sawyer said he had fun except for Garrett screaming, guess they will figure out why we call him our "spirited child".

1 comment:

The Rusty Goose said...

Wait until Sawyer sees the Capital of Liberty...lol ;)