We had the best Father's Day weekend!! We've been busy since Friday and I think it's going to take a few days for the kids to recover. Kyle and I snuck away on Friday and went fishing on the Big Hole, I caught a couple fish and I even took them off the hook by myself!!! Then Saturday was the Kid's Fish Day. Kyle went with Sawyer and they did awesome. They give out prizes to the first 15 kids who catch a fish and Sawyer was #15! He was super excited. Then for Father's Day we rented a Forest Service cabin and took off for the hills to go "camping". It was super fun and the weather was great. I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep a bit but I think everyone else slept just fine. I think the cabins are the way to go with the kids. Here are the pics from the last week.
Sawyer had his last T-Ball game, he is so bummed it's over. The kid would play baseball all day everyday if he could.
Kyle was a great fishing guide for the day! He had me row the boat for a while, learning to row the boat is something that should be taught by someone other than your spouse. He was yelling at me and I was rowing like a mad woman, too funny.We had a little encounter with a couple of moose. The river channel split in two here and we needed to take the left channel but this big gal was standing there on the left edge. Then as we got a little closer the little one came out of the willows, I may have said a bad word at that point. So we decided to leave them alone and take the right channel.
Then right when we committed to the right channel, the damn thing started walking right for us (I know I said some bad words at this point)!!! They were both crossing the river. And that's when I stopped taking pictures because the channel we went down was a little shallow and the raft got stuck and I had to get out and pull us down the channel. I'm sure if someone was watching us they would have been laughing but it was so not funny while it was happening. The moose in the end really didn't care that we were there.
Here is Sawyer's big win at the Kid's Fishing Day! He won a new fishing pole. How cute is he with is lucky fishing shirt and cowboy boots? I missed the big fish but according to Kyle's story, the fish came off the hook and Kyle had to step in the water to get the fish. They then ran up to the tent behind them with the fish, Kyle knew it was the last fish so I'm sure he was in panic mode. I would have paid good money to see Kyle running with Sawyer and the fish (only because he laughs at me at parades).
Here is where we spent our Saturday night, it was wonderful. We saw lots of wildlife but luckily all at a distance.
We took our kites because it was pretty windy. I learned why when people are mad at you they tell you to "go fly a kite". It is so much harder than it looks. Kyle almost lost his head when the kite attacked him. I tried to get it on video :)We learned last year to bring toys camping. While I enjoy just the silence and sitting around, the kids want to do something. The had fun playing in the dirt.
Sawyer had a blast looking through the binoculars. I wish you could hear him say binoculars, too cute.
The cabin and us.
Every time Garrett sees the camera he say's cheese, so in all the pictures he has this silly "say cheese" face.
What camping trip would be complete without something odd happening to one of the boys. Can you see Sawyer's right eye swollen up? He rubbed his eye and got something in it and it swelled all up. It looks much better now.
The sunset was beautiful.
And this is how Sawyer felt about leaving the cabin (he says cavin). He felt bad he didn't give the cabin a hug.
We had a great weekend and now we are recovering. So happy it's summer!














No comments:
Post a Comment