Friday, December 2, 2011

Goodbye November, Hello December

It has been one very long month. One very long month that I am VERY happy is over. We started the month out ok and it just went downhill in hurry. To sum up the month we all had the stomach flu (BAD stomach flu) and we managed to give the stomach flu to at least four other people that we know of, and I had surgery on my sinuses. I would have to say the flu was what did me in for the month. I thought we were all better, it had been a week and a half, when we went to my parents for my surgery, but apparently kids can be contagious for up to two weeks! My poor parents didn't even know what hit them. We had to cancel Thanksgiving so we didn't spread the love to the rest of the family. Don't get me wrong there were a few really good days in there! We were lucky to have Grandma T. come to visit (she was a lucky recipient of the flu too). Sawyer had so much loving on Grandma and telling her all sorts of stories. There were not a whole lot of pictures taken last month but I did manage to get a few!

Sawyer has been wanting cowboy boots ever since we went to the rodeo on Labor Day. So we made a chart and he had to earn his boots! He was one happy cowboy when we went to pick them out.
Garrett loves football. He screams at the tv when it's on and he can actually throw the ball hard enough it hurts when it hits you. I'm so afraid of the damage this kid is going to do in the next few years :)
Along with Sawyer's cowboy boots, Garrett loves being a cowboy too! I think Sawyer was about the same age when he loved the stick horse too.
And somewhere in there we had the flu and then Grandma T. came to visit and I didn't take any pictures. Seriously I can't believe the whole weekend she was here I did not take one picture!!!!

One of my stream restoration projects at work got started and I had to take the boys out with me to check on things. Sawyer was one happy camper to get to ride in the excavator and scoop dirt out of the water! Pretty sure he will remember this forever.
We went down to my parents so I could have my surgery and stayed the week so I could recover. The surgery went well and we got to do a few fun things while we were there. They had Santa come to town so we went and got Sawyer's face painted and see Santa. Both boys actually sat on Santa's lap with no tears!!!

We also went to the Christmas light parade and the Christmas fireworks. Sawyer was pretty cute at the parade he told everyone in the parade Merry Christmas! It was a little chilly at both :)
The boys were getting a little restless towards the end of the week at the grandparents. Garrett for some reason thought it was fun to crawl in the stools and hang out?
And Sawyer thought it was fun to hid in the cabinets?
So now it's finally time to say goodbye November, HELLO December. We didn't start the December out that great, we had both the plumber and the furnace repair guy come in one day but now we have a sink that drains and a furnace that gives us heat (it was 7 degrees yesterday morning with no heat), so it can only get better! I'm really looking forward to Christmas and a month full of fun and good health! I can't wait for the next few weeks when my nose is completely better and I finally start feeling like a normal person again. Yeah to a new month!

No comments: