Is it Christmas yet? I like Christmas but containing a three year old for an entire month is wearing on me. It's like when we go on a trip and the whole way we get asked if we are there yet, only this time it is lasting a whole month! Sawyer is beyond excited. Luckily for me our Elf on the Shelf, Bobber, has been keeping a good eye on him and reporting to Santa.
We've had a pretty busy month, last weekend we did Thanksgiving at my parents and did a little mini Christmas since we were there. Other than that we've just been getting ready for Christmas.
Sawyer and I made some Christmas ornaments, he was concentrating really hard painting them. It was fun to see him get excited about an art project.
We went on our annual Christmas tree hunt. We found a good one this year! Garrett was having trouble walking in the snow so he got stuck with me carrying him around.
Molly loved it, we haven't had snow in town yet so she was super happy to play in the snow! She got covered in burrs and was a complete mess when we got home.
I love this picture. It's right when Kyle cut the tree down and Sawyer yelled TIMBER. He was so happy with himself :)
After several attempts this is the best we could get for a picture of the two of them.
Sawyer carrying his tree, just like dad. He was really struggling with it until he got to the road.
Our family shot, it was so sunny and bright we had to stand in the shade to be able to see :) After weeks of staying indoors after my surgery it felt so good to go outside and it was pretty warm out too (warm for Montana at least).
These boys are so goofy. They are going to be nothing but trouble when they get older :)
Sawyer had a Christmas program at playschool this week. I feel bad but I really thought he would be the kid who cried and had to come sit with his parents, boy did he prove me WRONG! He did great. He sang the songs and even did the hand movements!!! I was so proud of him. This picture is dark but he is in the middle with the blue plaid shirt.
I've eaten my weight in cookie dough and cookies in the past week, which at this point in the holiday season is a TON! I thought it would be a great idea to have the boys help me cut out sugar cookies, turned to be a major mess. I also thought I could just vacuum up the flour but apparently flour (or lots of dust) can cause static electricity in the hose and shock you, from personal experience it can shock you pretty hard :)
There is still flour in places you could never imagine.
And finally this sums up most of our days. Sawyer is in so much trouble when Garrett actually gets bigger than him :)
I had no idea Garrett even knew this song!! I started singing it and he cracked me up doing the motions.Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment