Labor day weekend has come and gone and we are still recovering. We did it all this year! We went to the fair, the carnival, the rodeo, the pancake breakfast and the big parade. There were a few added extras in there too! Here are the pics from the weekend and the rest of last week!
Garrett wasn't in to watching the team roping so I took him out to talk to the goats, he thought they were hilarious.
At the carnival I got the ride pass to ride with Sawyer but there was no way in H-E-L-L I was getting on the ferris wheel! Lucky for me Kyle was willing and then a friend of mine took him later that night. I figured it wouldn't be appropriate to take Sawyer and have me start crying when it stopped at the top.
We found a couple of Sawyer's friends at the carnival. He looked like such a big boy going on the rides with friends.
We had our first frost over the weekend too. Kyle and I picked until my hand got a massive blister from digging carrots. We ended up with a ton more than this, I think I'm going to look like a x-mas tree soon with all the beets and zucchini I've been eating :)
We took some time on Labor Day to get out of the house and head for the hills. We went to a new place and had so much fun. Garrett ate both his sandwich and Sawyer's sandwich, the kid can eat.
We tried to do a family picture but Sawyer had a moth and couldn't look at the camera.
Sawyer and Garrett are two completely different kids. Sawyer spent his time keeping his feet dry and looking for bugs.
While Garrett spent his time tromping up and down the water. If there is water around good luck keeping him out!
I love this picture, so serious looking for bugs in the rock pile.
This is Sawyer's moth, our moth's name at home is butter. So this one was named "mountain butter".
And this is Sawyer after I told him that nasty thing was not getting in the truck. So I said it a lot nicer than that, we had a long talk about Mountain Butter missing his family but it didn't really matter the kid was crushed.
Luckily on the way up for the creek there were lots of shells and we filled a bag up with shells. Sawyer is pretty sure that a snail is going to come along and ask him for a new home and he will be able to run to his room and pull one of these shells out for it :)Garrett was loving the tree stump. I'm not sure if it was because it was his size or what but he kept hugging it and Sawyer wanted in on the action too. My little tree huggers :)
Finally got the two of them to sit together and look at me!!!!
Sawyer loves his brother, all he wants to do is hug him and hold hands and Garrett will never hold still long enough.
This is what happened when we told Garrett it was time to get off the stump and go for a walk! The kid will let you know when he isn't happy!
The boys found a snake shortly after this, I was yelling at Kyle to catch it but I didn't know he was afraid of snakes :)
Look at that smile, he is just asking for trouble.
This is one of our big carrots. Sawyer was helping me dig them out, he was so proud.

Finally got the two of them to sit together and look at me!!!!
Sawyer loves his brother, all he wants to do is hug him and hold hands and Garrett will never hold still long enough.
This is what happened when we told Garrett it was time to get off the stump and go for a walk! The kid will let you know when he isn't happy!
The boys found a snake shortly after this, I was yelling at Kyle to catch it but I didn't know he was afraid of snakes :)
Look at that smile, he is just asking for trouble.
This is one of our big carrots. Sawyer was helping me dig them out, he was so proud.
We had such a fun weekend! I can't believe it's mid-September already?? Hopefully we will luck out and have a beautiful fall again!
No comments:
Post a Comment