Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Big Hole Battlefield and Garden of Hope

Last weekend we went out to the Big Hole Battlefield to look around.  It was pretty neat and we got to walk around the battlefield site!  This is a picture of a hole the soldiers dug out to hide from the Nez Perce while they were fighting.  They were all over in the trees, I thought it was way cool to be able to still see!  I tried to get Kyle to lay down in it but he wouldn't do it :)

Sawyer wasn't really interested in the Battlefield or being in his stroller, so we let him out of his restraints to walk around!  He pushed the stroller a little over a half mile back to the parking lot!
We wanted to walk up to the look out but the trail got really tight and we had the jumbo stroller!
Here is a picture of our garden!  We have been trying to come up with a name for it, I was all for Tackett Family Farm but Kyle had a better one tonight, Garden of Hope!  We really HOPE something grows!  We are currently experiencing some dirt difficulties but I think we will have at least one tomato out of the ten plants!  Right now there are 23 pepper plants, 10 tomatoes, 3 artichokes, 8 eggplants, a whole 6x6 bed of strawberries, some pumpkins, some squash, zucchini, radishes, green beans, peas, and carrots.  Kyle did a great job building the beds, now hopefully stuff will stay alive! 

1 comment:

Ruthless said...

Your garden looks awesome! I've been excited about my three tomato plants and basil seedlings, but now I'm just jealous of your eggplants and peepers. Hope they grow friend!