Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

What? Am I really posting twice in one week????  Thought it might be easier it keep up with things if I actually kept up with things :)   I started the new year out with a very bahumbug attitude.  I've just been feeling a little overwhelmed with to-dos and life in general.  So there wasn't much planning put into New Year's night.  We partied hard with root beer floats, pop-its, and silly string.  We had the boys watch the ball drop live from New York so we went to bed shortly after 10pm.  The boys were pretty happy with the silly string, that junk makes such a mess!!  I didn't get a picture of Garrett because they started attacking me.
The next day we went cross country skiing with some friends.  It was the dose of vitamin D I needed!
The sun was out and it was such a nice day.  We didn't make it far with the kiddos but it didn't really matter.  After skiing we ran up the road to the hot springs for a soak.  It was a much needed soak after spending an hour trying to get our friends vw van out of the ditch.  They got run off the road by a crazy driver, luckily we got the van out and all was well.  Here are some more pics from the day.
The boys climbed the top of the hill and slid down.  The snow was so deep, it was hard work!




We've been bumming around the rest of the weekend, just waiting for school to start tomorrow.  I went skiing with a group of girls today, which was tons of fun.  I learned that I'm super out of shape and I'm not use to skiing with adults who actually move fast!  Good start to the New Year!  Ready for school and routines again.

No comments: