Sunday, September 9, 2012

On the MOVE!!!!

Holy cow the last few weeks have been busy!  We have been on the move.  The boys are tired and Kyle and I are tired.  We have one more week of craziness before I think we might settle in to fall and relax a little.  There is so much to catch up on!

We went to Iowa to celebrate Seth and Krissy getting married, yeah!! We actually flew to Iowa this time, and I hate to say it but it wasn't so bad.  The boys loved the airplanes and we were there in 4 hours rather than two days.    I wish I hadn't of been so nervous and I would have gotten a picture of Garrett when we first took off, his eyes were so big when the plane started speeding down the runway.
 I was a terrible picture taker in Iowa, I didn't get pictures of so many things we did.  Grandpa T. has built an awesome area for the kids to play in, there is a swing set, monkey bars, sand box, and a huge slide!  It's like they have their own park :)  The kids spent a lot of time out there playing around.  But the part that Sawyer loves the most about Iowa is the toads.  And it's a really good thing Grandma T. doesn't mind picking up toads because there is no way I was going to!
 The frog was almost too much for Baker.  He was cracking me up screaming every time the frog jumped a little.  He eventually got brave and held the frog.
 Sawyer was so proud of his toads.
 Sawyer and Garrett love tractors.  Uncle Seth took them for a ride in big tractor, they were so happy!  Sawyer also got to ride with Grandpa T. to rake hay and loved every minute of it.
 Grandma T. even got a tractor pinata for the kids.  Sawyer was swinging so hard he almost came off the ground.  That's my boys, always after the candy!
 Most of the crew.  There's a few missing from this shot but we managed to get most of the family together.  This is also the only picture I got the entire week with Seth and Krissy together, arrgh.
 Sawyer even got to go fishing for bluegill and crappie.  He was pretty excited when he got home telling us about his big fish.
 Hiking in Iowa??  If you would have told me that the first time I went to Iowa I would have thought you were joking but there are surprisingly a lot of hills near Kyle's parents house.  We went to the State park nearby and went hiking.  Never found the bridge on the "bridge trail" though.
 This looks off the edge of the bluff near the Iowa-Nebraska state line.  Also this picture is the one time the entire week where I was hot.  We lucked out big time on the weather, a cold front moved through right when we got there and it was only a little hot the last day.
 After making it home we had a day to relax and then I did a farmers' market here in town.  I'm loving going to the market on Saturdays and visiting with the people.  I've been doing pretty well selling some stuff too!  One of the local vet clinics even asked me to sell my dog collars  in their office!  Here is the link to my etsy shop again, I'm trying to add a few new things every week:  www.etsy.com/shop/28threads
 Then after the Saturday market I took off with the kids for my parents house!!!  Seriously we have been on the move!  While we were down there we went with my parents to Salt Lake City and the zoo!  The highlight of the trip though was the fighter jet flying right over the top of the car on the way down.  Sawyer about came unglued.  He yelled, "Holy crap, did you guys see the missiles!"  He was so excited.
 The sea lions were Sawyer's favorite part of the zoo.  He stood up the glass for a long time.  One of them kept coming right in front of him, too cute.  The only reason Garrett isn't in this picture is because he was running back in forth from the glass to me screaming, "you see that?".  He was pretty happy.
 Riding the rihno.  I love grandma O. in the background, she was worried about them falling off.
 It was HOT at the zoo.  Nothing like a blue ice cream mess to cool you off.  Sawyer just saw this picture and said, "Hey there I am with my melting ice cream."
 When we got home our sunflowers had grown a ton!!  This is Kyle holding the big one, it flopped over and he isn't even holding it straight up!!
 And then it was Labor Day craziness.  We did the fair, carnival, farmers' market, rodeo, fireman's breakfast and parade! Grandma and Grandpa O. came up for the fun!  This is the first year Garrett has gotten to go on the rides. We got chased out by lightening but the few rides we went on were pretty fun!
 Garrett was not letting go, he wasn't sure if he wanted to laugh or cry!
 I cannot believe they let Garrett on the race cars.  They flip around the corners so fast!  Garrett's little buddy was not letting go, I yelled at Garrett to hold on please!
 Sawyer at the parade!  They couldn't throw candy off the floats this year so instead they walked along and put handfuls in his bag, it was awesome.
 Just a little picture of our sunflowers!

1 comment:

schullerfamily said...

cute pictures! love the one of the two boys riding the race car. :)