Monday, July 9, 2012

Is June over?

I'm pretty sure I say it all the time, can you believe how fast time is going?  I wish I had some sort if time machine to slow things down!  Seriously I cannot believe it is July, let alone July 9th!  We have been on the move the last couple of weeks and no signs of slowing down anytime soon.  We started out down at my parents house for a few days, Aimee and cousin Mary were there for a while.  The weather was super hot and windy, seems to be the weather story this year.  The kids had a blast playing together non-stop and Aimee and I enjoyed our quick trip to the big city (I had a job interview in Boise, kind of a weird crazy long story)!  Then we had a day to get settled at home before Grandma and Grandpa T. came out for a visit!!!!  We were so excited to have them here, we crammed so much into one week!  Here are just a few pics from the last couple of weeks (there are so many more!).

Nothing better then sprinklers when it's hot out!  The kids were being stinkers and not wanting to run through the sprinklers so Grandma O. took one for the team and ran through with the kiddos.  She hates water in her face :)
 Garrett wouldn't run through it at all, so I had to go too!  I love how happy Mary was for all of us to be running together.  There were lots playgrounds, golfing and baseball during the week but I for some reason didn't get pictures of any of it?
 Our first stop with Grandma and Grandpa T. was the playground.  Garrett has learned to climb the rope ladder, now I'm really going to have to be on my toes.  He had so much fun going up and down with Grandma.
 We had some yummy Iowa corn.  Sawyer loves corn, he says he is a corn eating machine!  Garett can put the hurtin on corn too.
 We took a little trip up to Crystal Park to dig for crystals.  We lucked out the bugs were not bad at all!  I could dig all day long, pretty sure Sawyer could too!  Molly enjoyed sitting on Grandpa?
 After Crystal Park we drove down the road a bit and went for a little hike.  It was so pretty.  The kids did awesome hiking along the trial.  There were a few shoulder rides but for the most part the kids walked on their own, this is a major accomplishment!
 So hard to get the kids to have a normal face when I take their pictures.  We are always saying cheese and it makes them look goofy!
 See Garrett is saying cheese.
 All of our kids checking out the water, it was so clear.
 Garrett's favorite riding spot.  He had a blast on Grandpa's shoulders.
 Taking a rest.
 Ahhhh, Kyle and his mom (Grandma T.)
 Molly had just gotten a haircut and bath before we left for the hills.  She was clean for about an hour?
 We let Garrett walk (run) on the way down.  The kids is scary to watch on the trials.  Grandpa couldn't stand it and was running trying to keep up with him, can you see the dust they were kicking up.  Pretty funny to watch from behind, rather than being the one trying to catch him for once :)
 Kyle and his dad took Sawyer out on the river for the first time.  He had a blast and was a big boy floating in the boat.
 For the 4th of July we rented a BLM cabin and it was awesome!  It was at Axolotl Lake near Ennis.  They even had an American Flag!
The view from the cabin was spectacular.  I could have just sat inside the cabin all day and starred out the window.  
This is one of the little lakes below the cabin, we walked down there a couple of times. Sawyer had his fishing pole and the little fish were jumping everywhere and driving him crazy!
 This was the only bummer part of the trip!  It's just too hot and dry out.
 There were a few wild flowers out!
 We managed to get a picture of the whole crew!
 Garrett getting spoiled on daddy's shoulders!
 Look at this kid, he is getting so big!  He thought he was pretty hot stuff standing on the rock, even asked if I would take his picture on it.  He also decided that his nice khaki pants I bought him a while back are now his work pants, so much for having one nice pair of pants?
 Sawyer loves taking pictures.  He made me and Kyle sit on a rock so he could take out picture, not bad?
As busy as we have been the last couple of weeks we are just beginning!!  I did the Farmers Market yesterday with all my sewing stuff and did awesome.  I was a nervous wreck but it was so much fun to visit with people and shock them that I sew :)  Hope everyone is enjoying their summers and staying busy!

1 comment:

The Rusty Goose said...

Wow! The cabin looks awesome. I want to go digging sometime. That looks like fun.