Thursday, December 16, 2010

I love winter!!

So far our winter has been so much fun, minus the week Sawyer was pretty sick :(  Our town has had a Christmas Stroll and a little parade of lights so far.  This weekend is the Winterfest downtown where they close off the roads and have stuff going on all day downtown.  We missed it last year so I'm excited to go this year.  We've been able to enjoy the snow a little on the weekends too, it's so nice to get out of the house!!!  Here are some pics from the last few weeks and then I think I'm pretty well caught up, yeah!

At the Christmas stroll Santa came on the fire truck, Sawyer was so nervous.  He told Kyle, "Dad I'm going to be a little bit scared.".  We told him that was ok. 
Here is Santa getting off the truck, it was actually pretty neat to see the lights come flashing down the street.
We were so proud of Sawyer, he took a candy cane from Santa and gave him knuckles.  This was huge considering that leading up to this he was crying so hard when the phone rang because he thought it was Santa.  A friend of mine stopped by our house one night and knocked on the door and Sawyer thought it was Santa and he cried hysterically for a half hour :)
I just thought this picture was cute, Garrett has been watching Sawyer's every move!  Garrett is so close to crawling.  He gets around pretty well barrel rolling across the floor right now!
We went this past weekend to get our Christmas tree.  Kyle was a trooper pulling Sawyer up the hill on the sled!  Sawyer thought it was so fun!
Sawyer couldn't walk in the snow very well and he kept falling in the sagebrush.  I know I'm mean but it was sort of funny, I tried to get a picture but it didn't turn out so well, sorry.
I got Garrett so smile in a picture with me!!  He looks pretty cold :)
Sawyer was so happy, Garrett was so cold.
The day after getting our tree we went x-country skiing for the first time with both kids!!!!  We were so happy we bought another sled.  They were both so cozy.  I pulled Sawyer and Kyle pulled Garrett, it really wasn't too bad.  
Here they are with the cover unzipped.  We found that they were both cooking with the front zipped up, oops!
Garrett was having fun!  He was talking most the way and only slept the last maybe ten minutes.  He is such a goof ball!
Sawyer was being a turkey for the camera!  
We had a picnic in the snow, it was about 40 degrees out so it wasn't bad to stop and eat.  Sawyer ate his sandwich, half of mine, and half a lunchable plus two packs of fruit snacks.  Guess he worked up an appetite being pulled around?
Molly was so happy too!  She was a little mad at all the snow sticking to her but still very happy to be out!
Then went we got home from skiing Sawyer helped me decorate the Christmas tree!  He was so serious putting on the ornaments.
I didn't take a picture of the finished tree, sorry!  We have a full weekend coming up and then it's Christmas!!  I'm getting excited for Santa to come :)

1 comment:

schullerfamily said...

okay, so now I just want to start cross country skiing. that looks like a lot of fun.