Friday, July 23, 2010

WOW!

I say it every couple of weeks now, but seriously where has the time gone?  Garrett will be 5 weeks old tomorrow and I barely remember what it was like without him here.  So far he has been a pretty good baby.  He has had some bad days where he cries the whole day but it seems like it is getting a little better, I think he just has some gas issues?  Sawyer has been an excellent big brother!  He tries so hard to help out and love on Garrett.  A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks, I'll just go through the pictures and hope I catch everything!  Sorry it's so long!

Garrett at 2 weeks, it's so hard not to take a picture without the crazy baby eyes!
Grandpa and Grandma T. drove out from Iowa to meet Garrett and spend the 4th of July with us!  Sawyer had so much fun showing off for them and playing at the park.
Sawyer especially loved the "fresh Iowa corn".  I think he would have eaten it all night if we hadn't cut him off :)
Grandma T. and Sawyer on the slide, I as very impressed she went down it!  
We took Sawyer to the kids fishing pond to try out his new fishing rod!
We were all very surprised that he caught a fish (he actually caught 3)!  He was a little scared to get close to the fish.
He was even more scared once the fish flopped out of Kyle's hands and I let out a little squeal, oops!
It took a bit to calm him down and get him to try fishing again :)
Grandma T. was a excellent baiter, I was not about to rip the worms in half and stab them onto the hook!Grandma T. and the boys, Garrett didn't really say anything but I'm pretty sure he really enjoyed cuddling with Grandma for the week!
After the grandparents left we took Molly out to the hills to burn off some energy, she has been a bit depressed since the new baby came home!  I'm pretty sure she was smiling when she saw the water!
Sawyer had fun throwing sticks in the water for Molly and Garrett enjoyed sleeping in his car seat!  Thank goodness for the mosquito net!
We took Sawyer fishing again but we didn't catch anything, must have had beginners luck!
Sawyer lost interest in about 2 minutes and just wanted to pick the worms up with the pliers!  It was grossing me out but he was having fun.
Here is our little John Deere mechanic!
Sawyer loves holding Garrett.  When he holds him he can't stop kissing him, it's too cute!
Garrett at 4 weeks old!
My mom, Grandma O., came up to help me take Sawyer to Bozeman for a Allergy/Asthma Dr. appointment.  We stayed in a hotel so that we could do some shopping and play a little.  Not sure what we were thinking when we thought would be fun to take a tired 2 year old and an infant shopping? Sawyer really enjoyed the hotel though and he really liked that they had donuts with sprinkles for breakfast!  
While we were shopping we bought Sawyer a bike!!!  He has been putting a lot of miles on the tricycle here lately and he looks kind of goofy on it because he is so tall.  I think it's going to take a bit to teach him how to keep pedaling forward but once he figures it out I'm in so much trouble!
Grandma O. went back home today and this is how the boys and I feel!
(Sawyer has never fallen asleep on the couch)
We are looking forward to the weekend and relaxing a bit!
  

No comments: