Sawyer and I have been on vacation for the last week and a half! Kyle had to go to a work training out of town so Sawyer and I thought we would go visit my sister Aimee. We had so much fun even though is was way too HOT! The temperature in Boise was 106 and I'm pretty sure in Emmett it was about 150! Sawyer and Mary were pretty cute together, he thinks that Mary is so funny! Here are a bunch of pics from the last couple of weeks!
Sawyer playing in the sprinkler at my mom's house, I have a video of this I will post a little later!
Near Aimee's house is a reservoir that has a fun little beach area, we got to play in the water and build sandcastles!
While we were at the reservoir we got to ride in a friend of Aimee's boat, Sawyer was mixed between being scared and having fun!
Mary on the other hand just had fun!
Mary and Sawyer were watering the trees one night and we had a major meltdown! Sawyer loves water and especially loves the hose, he wasn't about to let anyone else get to hold the hose!
See he took it from poor Mary and she was not happy about it!
I may have told her to go take it back if she was so upset about it, oops!
Then they tried to share and it didn't work so I had to put the hose away and they were both really mad at me!
Mary got new goggles for swim lessons so of course we had to fill the pool and test them out, Sawyer was so happy!
Mary was having fun dressing Sawyer up, then I caught him sweeping the floor with this hat on (he put it on himself)!
We got back to my parents house and it's really hard to keep these three out of the golf cart. Sawyer loves going for a ride with Grandpa O, so does Molly!
We came home early Friday morning so we could go to lunch and play with Sawyer's buddies. Once again he had the hose :)
Luckily the other boys weren't interested in holding the hose, just splashing the water!
This pic is taken about 20 min after the one above! It was sunny and beautiful while we were playing and then we got home and all hell broke loose! I've never seen hail, rain, and wind so hard in my life. Sawyer was in bed napping and I was running up and down the stairs (I hid in the basement from the lightning but I really wanted to see the rain)! I took this picture and then the thunder cracked and I ran back downstairs :)
The garden got hammered, all the green beans were laying on their sides! A couple of days later and the garden is looking better. The squashes and zucchini have big holes in the leaves but they are looking ok!
One thing we learned while on vacation is Sawyer's love for corn! He would eat 5 ears if you let him! I have a video of the corn eating I will post later too!
Today we went on a little hike, it was so nice out! Sawyer did not want to go into the backpack today so he walked most of the way! He had to stop at almost every large rock and try to pick it up, needless to say we didn't go very far!
Sawyer was really enjoying dad's shoulders!
There was some water running across the road and Sawyer did not want to leave, we kept walking away from him and he just stood there giving us the I don't want to go that way look!
It's been a busy couple of weeks! We had so much fun visiting Aimee's and getting to see Grandma and Grandpa O. Back to reality tomorrow!
1 comment:
We are so glad you came to visit us! It was so fun!
Post a Comment