Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Saying Goodbye.....

We had to say goodbye to our Molly dog on Monday.  By far one of the harder things I've ever had to do.  She was more than a dog, she was family member.  There are very few things I've done in the last 9 years where she hasn't been by my side.  Here are some of our great memories of our Molly (5/13/2004-8/19/2013).

I got Molly when I was fresh out of college.  I'd moved to Driggs, ID and didn't know a soul there, it was a pretty lonely time for a while.  So I got a dog..... She was so much trouble.  She loved to eat toilet paper and wouldn't listen to a word I said.
Then I met a boy and she hated him.  She peed at his feet the first time she met him and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a happy pee, she knew something was up.  She eventually started liking the boy a lot :)

When Kyle and I were first dating we took Molly on all our adventures.  She loved swimming more than anything.    She would only chase the first stick, after it was gone you had to just throw rocks for her.

She was always in the lead on a trail and always looking back to see if we were coming any faster.
There were a lot of times our adventures would leave her exhausted at the end of the day....
She put up with a lot of crap from us....Like bunny ears on Easter.
Then we rocked Molly's world and had a baby.  She loved Sawyer more than anyone right from the get go.
She had a few issues when grandma was paying more attention to the baby :)  She never really understood that she wasn't a lap dog.
I'm so happy my boys got to start life with such a patient and loyal friend by their side.  Molly would have protected them no matter what.

Molly's second favorite thing was taking naps, she would never turn down a good nap.  She loved sleeping, in the mornings you would have to get her out of bed.  She was definitely not a morning gal!

Molly loved winter and being out in the snow!  We took her x-country skiing on the weekends and she would go crazy in the snow.  One time she got so excited sticking her nose in the snow she rammed right into a rock!

Since we've had kids I've been working from home and Molly loved every minute of it.  She was always with me everywhere I went and always under my desk.  Sometimes she would lay her head on my sewing pedal and make me say a few bad words.....Other times she had the worst gas.......

Molly loved rocks too!  Guess she loved a lot of things?  She could find a rock to chew on anywhere.  The boys were so mad at her for stealing the snowman's nose :)
When I was going through my pictures I couldn't get over how many pictures I had of Molly and Sawyer playing. They truly were best friends.
Sawyer always called Molly his big sister.
This picture was taken last winter.  No matter how old she was the snow made her a puppy again.
Me and my baby girl.
I can't tell you enough how patient of a dog she was with the kids.

This is Molly this spring on our first camping trip in the camper.  Of course she found the snow pile and rolled around!  She loved camping and sitting by the fire.  Pretty sure she hated the camper because she didn't fit on the bed with us.
Same camping trip, she always amazed me when she would sit for the picture.
Molly always knew when something was wrong before I did.  This day I couldn't find her and when I did she was laying outside Sawyer's room, little did I know when he got up he had a super high fever and was pretty sick.
Ha, another love of Molly's was tennis balls!  She loved playing ball.  At Grandpa and Grandma O's she would race down the hill and sometimes jump off the hill.  At one point we had to take the balls away because she was eating so much of the yellow fuzzy off the balls she was making herself sick.  Drove me crazy when the would pick the fuzz off with her teeth.
Molly was the worst fishing partner ever.  She just couldn't imagine that you would actually throw something into a lake that didn't need retrieved.
If Sawyer was going to stand on a table, Molly was going to as well.
Sometimes the kids did get a little too loud for her!  This was when Mary was visiting and the kids were going crazy, Molly hid under the blanket!!
My pretty girl.
Molly loved morning snuggles and chocolate milk time.  Only time a day where everyone is just sitting!
She spent a lot of her time sitting on the bottom step looking for birds in the backyard or watching football practice.  She had a special friend that would walk by everyday and give her a treat.  If she was inside somehow she knew he was coming (even from downstairs) and she would tear the door down to get to him.
A ball and water, didn't get much better.

We are sure going to miss our baby girl.  It's been a hard couple of days!  We love you Molly dog.



2 comments:

Tiffany Urban said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We have two dogs and I don't like to think of the day we have to say goodbye but your words were beautiful and reminded me what great family members they are. It sounds like she had a wonderful life and you have such great memories of her. I hope all is well otherwise, I really enjoy keeping up with your blog!

schullerfamily said...

Such a great tribute to the 4-legged member of your family. I know she'll be missed! Hugs